Title: Applications Engineer
Location: PEM Galway Status: Permanent
Department: Applications Engineering Report to: Applications Engineering Manager
How to Apply
Please submit your application to [email protected]
PennEngineering® is a leader in the design and manufacture of specialty self-clinch fasteners and are committed to providing quality, value-added products and services. The PEM Europe Applications Engineering Department is responsible for the design, development and commercialization of innovative fastening solutions for European and global markets. This full-time position within our Applications Engineering Team requires a self-motivated individual that can identify new application opportunities and conceptualize new ways to solve fastening problems for our customers. Responsibilities include all activities related to the selection, specification and sale of the company’s products and solutions.
- Design, develop or improve fastening solutions to new and existing customers.
- Support sales activities for key customers with technical calls and visits as and when required.
- Coordinate testing required for prototypes, pilot production and final customer acceptance.
- Coordinate the development activities within the business including Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, Sales & Marketing, Finance and Installation equipment dept.
- Generate manufacturing costs and submit to pricing co-ordinator.
- Provide technical support to customers/distributors and to Regional Sales Managers.
- Coordinate, plan and conduct training with new and key distributors and customers.
- Communicate with all business levels and support functions, including management.
- Provide in-house training in Application Engineering and PEM product and solution offerings.
- Travel and promote PEMs Application Engineering and product development offering, including new product releases to external customers.
- Visit customers and Authorised Distributors as necessary.
- Undertake research to support the learning of new processes, products and technologies.
- Third level degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of engineering experience.
- Application Engineering skills with track record of solving problems and working in or with a cross functional team.
- Proficient with Solid Modelling software (Pro/E preferred) and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with engineering tools such as SPC.
- Experience using Business software (ERP systems, JDE preferred).
- Finite Element Analysis, desirable.
- Must be able to use laboratory testing tools as required (e.g. hand tools, tensile tester, hardness test equipment).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interpret and communicate data accurately.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and specifications.
- Flexibility in schedule to allow for travel.