Human Resources Business Partner
Job Description: Human Resources Business Partner
Department: Human Resources
Reporting to: HR Director & General Manager
Direct Reports X 2: HR Generalist, Learning & Development Coordinator
PennEngineering is a leader in the manufacturing of specialty fasteners and are committed to providing quality, value added products and services to our customers around the world. We now have a vacancy for a HR Business Partner to join our team onsite in the Galway Plant to manage the HR function and support our 270 employees across our manufacturing operations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Working directly within manufacturing operations to support the production managers, supervisors, team leads and trainers to manage the people functions within operations departments and ensure alignment to HR policies & procedures.
- Supporting the ongoing professional development of the operations team through coaching, feedback, and other development methodologies, training, workshops, etc.
- Support the Operations management team with regards to HR Policy & Systems, Employee Relations, Resource Planning and Talent Acquisition, Business Partnering and Employee Engagement.
- Take responsibility for day-to-day management of the HR Generalist and Learning & Development Coordinator while developing a culture of support within the team, including identifying and implementing process initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the HR department.
- Take responsibility for the training & development strategy across operations to ensure projects are completed and implemented effectively and the company maintains its focus and commitment to employee upskilling and development.
Recruitment & Resource Planning
Manage resource planning and recruitment for the operations management team, along with strategic resource forecasting and full lifecycle recruitment including:
- Coordinate with hiring managers on job descriptions and specs for new and existing roles when required.
- Manage and assist the HR Team to source candidates, advertise roles with agencies, jobs boards, internally and through LinkedIn, etc.
- Coordinate the application process and shortlist candidates for managers.
- Coordinate the Interview process with hiring managers.
- Manage work placement programmes /work experience/ Internships/ summer staff
- Conduct exit interviews and manage the leaver process for employees.
Employee Payroll & Reporting
- Supervise and process payroll on a weekly basis for all plant employees through TMS.
- Manage and present on weekly HR Metrics
- Manage weekly & monthly headcount reporting.
- Compile weekly payroll reports for accounts.
- Point of contact for employees, supervisors & managers for payroll processing. Process amendments, adjustments, reimbursements, additional payments, etc.
- Ensure all employee onboarding and orientation for operations is continuously implemented to create a seamless employee experience when joining the company.
- Coordinate and communicate all new employee setups with operations managers.
- Facilitate return to work interviews with supervisors when necessary.
- Advise and work with managers / supervisors in relation to employee relations issues.
- Host coffee meetings with the general manager across all operations departments to support employee communication and morale.
- Coordinate and advise on performance management issues and implement performance improvement plans.
- Coordinate all operations disciplinary issues with supervisors / managers.
- Issue documentation in relation to disciplinary issues.
- Host mediation meetings with employees and supervisors / managers to solve grievances.
Sick Leave / Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability
- Administrate and coordinate sick leave schemes for employees.
- Liaise with insurance providers in relation to the schemes and provide documentation where necessary.
- Communicate with employees and advise on application process and company policy.
- Issue documentation and maintain records for individual cases.
- Coordinate social welfare benefit with the company scheme.
- Manage the termination process of employees due to incapacity.
- Work with operations departments to ensure employees are upskilling and the company is effectively managing its resources.
- Manage the operations training and development projects and strategy for the organisation in collaboration with the training & development coordinator.
- Liaise with external training providers and institutions to deliver talent development and training.
- Manage the operator grading process with department trainers & supervisors in April/October each year.
- Create, implement and manage new company policies & procedures in line with employment legislation.
- Work with the Health & Safety manager in relation to employee safety training and to ensure implementation and continuous improvement on policies/procedures and employee safety.
- Work with the HR Director & General Manager in relation to the effective running of the HR function.