Technical Sales Engineer - Italy
Title: Technical Sales Engineer - Italy
Report To: External Sales
How to Apply
Please submit your application to [email protected]
Working closely with customers and regional distributors, providing know-how in PEM® brand of self-clinching fasteners both at the design/concept stage and in full production. Promotion and introduction of New Products and productivity solutions via our Haeger®, IN-DIE and PEMSERTER® fastener installation equipment. Provide project management, final Bill of Material quotations and follow up meetings to generate additional business. Obtain and provide detail reports using the Salesforce CRM system and communicate with relevant PennEngineering® teams. Work closely with senior management and where appropriate our distribution partners on key accounts.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Ensuring that growth of sales meets and exceeds agreed target related performance requirements.
- Emphasis on developing new business from both new and existing customers in markets such as Electronics, Industrial and Automotive Tiers, utilising relevant engineering team to provide the technical expertise where necessary.
- Develop long term relationships at Key OEM's, Tier suppliers and their supply chain as necessary through managing and interpreting their requirements.
- Maintaining and developing cooperation with PennEngineering’s regional distribution partners.
- Generating and presenting technical presentations to demonstrate that our product and service meets the customer’s needs.
- Gathering data from distributors and customers in a standard format (forecasts, sales & stock reports, price monitoring, etc.).
- Supporting marketing activities by attending trade show, conferences and other marketing events.
- The promotion of Haeger®, IN-DIE and PEMSERTER® installation equipment to support the sale of PEM® Brand fasteners.
- Sell value added services (both technical and total cost of use/ownership as appropriate).
- To assist and provide customers with solutions on PEM® fastener component selection through advice, arranging sample installations and providing test report data compiled by the Applications Engineering Department.
- The upkeep of company property - files, expense records, company vehicle, laptop, mobile telephone, and other communication devices.
- To prepare monthly territory reports specifically updating progress on key projects and targets.
- Maintain and update customer information and activity on the CRM system (salesforce.com) and follow up pipeline progression.
- Prepare territory reviews for sales meetings (to include activity of Applications Engineering team).
- Degree or higher education engineer, mechanical engineering is preferred.
- Experience in Automotive Market Selling including but not limited to Automotive Electronics and Electric vehicles.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel to include excellent presentation skills.
- Minimum 2 years Technical Customer interface; experience of selling product and process technical value into the Industrial or Automotive markets.
- A background in the sheet metal forming / fabrication market is preferred.
- Visual acuity for detailed work.
- Fluent in English language.
- Availability to travel extensively within the territory (and overseas) where required.
- Clear verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Have a valid EU driving license.